CITEL’s expertise : continuously improved
Citel is the leading manufacturer that exclusively produces both SPDs and SPD components.
It constantly pioneers new technologies thanks to a bold innovation strategy, high-level R&D and in-house regional test labs around the world.
Citel is recognized as an industry leader that is instrumental in the development of international codes and standards.
In order to test its products internally for standards compliance and to evolve toward greater reliability CITEL has several test sites (France, USA, China) equipped with :
- Wave generators current up to 240 kA - 8/20µs
- Current waveform generators up to 100 kA - 10/350
- 1.2/50-8/20µs hybrid wave generators up to 20 kV/10 kA
- 400 Vac three phase low voltage network-Icc 1.5 kA / phase for coupling with pulsed current
- HT digital Oscilloscope fast
- Material for test environment (damp heat, climate, shock)
- Ultra-fast camera
The G100K test generator in Reims (France) can produce exceptionally high impulse current and is used for testing structural lightning protection systems as well as Type 1 surge protectors.
Shanghai laboratory approved for IEC testing
Our Shanghai Laboratory has received a CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL for Customer’s Testing Facility, for the testing of electrotechnical equipment and components under the IECEE System.
It has been approved by Dekra at Stage 2, meaning Witnessing 100% of each test program.
Test scope: accept IEC61643-11:2011 all clauses except:
- 8.3.8 TOV test
- 18.104.22.168.1 Short-circuit current behavior - Isccr
- 8.6.2 For SPDs classified «outdoor»- Annex F, such as UV radiation, water immersion, metal resistance to corrosion test…
- 8.6.4 For short-circuiting type SPDs